Apple devices need to be repaired immediately when something is not systematic like usual. If you ever need to restart or restore your Apple device, then visit support.apple.com/iphone/restore. Apple provides all kinds of support for all its devices. In recent years Apple has separate operating systems for each device. For iPhone, it is iOS, and for iPad, it is iPadOS!
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Reinstall iOS and iPadOS
Want to reinstall your Apple device? Follow the guideline to know in details:
- Step 1: Install the latest operating system, including the latest iTunes version. It is important to keep your frequent usable apps in their updated mode.
- Step 2: Connect your Apple device with its charging cable.
- Step 3: An important message will be prompted on your screen. It will be like, “There’s a problem with the [your device name] that requires to be updated or restored.”
- Step 4: Click on the “Update” option to reinstall your device and to keep your data. Make sure you don’t press the Restore button. If you do, then your data will be lost, and your device will be in its factory setting. Also, check out walmart.capitalone.com/activate to learn more about capital one cards.
When your device is taking the time to respond and working at a slow rate, you should go for a soft reset to refresh your device. This step doesn’t delete any files or bring changes in any setting. This is a common fix for small issues. Follow the steps to perform a soft reset:
- Step 1: First, plug your phone on charge.
- Step 2: Press the volume up button once.
- Step 3: Press the volume down button once.
- Step 4: Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo prompts up.
When your Apple device is freezing up, none of the buttons is working. The force restart is the solution you should opt for. It is the middle version of the soft reset and factory reset. Follow the steps to perform a force restart:
- Step 1: Press and hold both the side and volume down button at the same time.
- Step 2: Wait for the screen to brighten up and pop the Apple logo.
This step should only be performed when your iPhone is not responding for a long time.
Restore iPhone 8, iPhone X and iPhone 11
The process of restoring the latest models of iPhones isn’t similar to the other older models. If your iPhone 8 or iPhone X, or iPhone 11 is crashing or freezing up a few times, you need to put your phone into recovery mode. In the recovery mode, you update to your iPhone’s latest OS by backing up all your content. If that doesn’t work, you need to restore your phone by erasing all your data.
Whenever a problem arises, always backup your data in the cloud. For backing up, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Back up Now.
Go For Manual Restart
If there’s a problem, try restarting the device manually.
- First, press the side button with the volume up or volume down button.
- Your screen will be prompted with “slide to power off.” Slide the button to the right and switch off your Apple device.
- Wait for a few seconds, then press down the side button until your screen prompts with the Apple logo.
- Your screen will appear with the iTunes logo. Release the side button.
- Your phone will switch on. Unlock your screen and enter the password to start using your device.
Connect iPhone to iTunes
When you connect your iPhone with iTunes if you see a message like “There’s a problem with iPhone that requires to be updated or restored.” You have the option to perform one task. Choose the “Update” option. If your phone is present in the latest version, then you need to restore everything to the factory setting. The resetting of an Apple device is very easy, a little like an Android device. Follow the steps to know more:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone with your computer to operate.
- Step 2: Backup and check the files and settings that you want to keep.
- Step 3: Select the respective device model in iTunes and click on the “Summary” from the left menu.
- Step 4: Click on the restore option on the right panel.
- Step 5: Click on “Apply” to confirm your reset. Now, wait till your iPhone restarts itself.
After updating to the latest version, if you still face the problem of using the device, you need to opt for “Restore.” A confirmation message will be prompted if you want to restore the iPhone to the factory setting. Click the “Restore and Update” button and wait for the device to start again. Learn more about how to earn $500 with www.lowes.com/survey.
You may get an Activation Lock notification in iTunes / Finder after the procedure has ended, which asks you to enter your Apple ID and password. It is a monitoring precaution that happens if you did not sign out of iCloud until the phone is restored. Type your password and ID, and then click Continue.
When you enter your passcode, you will receive a message stating that your iPhone has been unlocked. Now click on “Continue.”
New Phone Set-Up
On the next screen, you will have the option to set up your phone as a new device, or you could restore everything from the backup. You need to choose Set Up as a new device.
Complete the process on your iPhone, and opt to set it up as a new phone. Now put your phone through its paces to see if it fixed the previous problem. If it did, so kudos. You should now treat it as a completely new handset or recover it from the last backup and see how it can continue to function unchanged with all your devices, data, and settings.
Apple Support FAQ
The AppleCare Protection Plan is an enhanced Apple-backed contract and maintenance The AppleCare Protection Plan is an enhanced Apple-backed contract and maintenance package that expands the free coverage to the company device. The plan covers technical support one-stop, gives you the hardware coverage, and the software support is also available.
Yes, the AppleCare Protection Plan is transferable. If you sell your Apple device to someone, you could transfer the AppleCare Protection Plan to the new owner. For more details, check the Terms and Conditions.
None of the buttons on your Apple device work when it freezes. The solution you should choose is to force a restart. It’s a cross between a soft reset and a factory reset. That is one alternative you can try.
You can contact the Apple support community from anywhere in the world, but the services present in that country might be limited to an option. In this article, we provided you with the latest iPhone model settings when the device crashes itself. Leave a note in the comment section if you need more support on your Apple device, and like the post if it was useful. Ask us about restore error, Ipod Touch – Apple Support, Device to factory, Update For itunes, Update Icon, Software Issues, IOS-Related Issues, Accessibility Features, Special Features or anything from the article!